04/06/2009

Sweet tooth




Got my bake on this weekend. I've been wanting to bake for months, just waiting for my energy to come back (which it has, I'm even back in the gym - hooray!) so I could get on with it. I made an apple & hazelnut loaf from an old recipe book and whilst I was loading the loaf with the apples I thought "Surely this is too many?!", but the recipe said that the key to a great loaf was tons of them. Wrong!!! It should have taken 35 minutes to bake in the oven but I had to keep adding more and more time as it was nowhere near cooked. Two hours later I gave up. In the end we had a few soggy but delicious slices and I now know to halve the amount of apples in future. I must learn to trust my inner baker...

17 comments:

  1. meh! sådär är det ofta alltså, att man står där med sin känsla för feeling och så tänker man ändå att man ska följa reglerna och sen ba NÄHÄ!?
    tur att äpplen växer på träd! påt igen ba!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jag gjorde exakt samma misstag nu i veckan. först hade jag äpple o aprikos i (1 ä + 3 apr) och det blev lite degigt. testade igen igår med 1 och ett halvt äpple (stora äpplen). blev perfekt!

    testa igen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wicked temptress! I'm starving now! ;)K

    ReplyDelete
  4. lisen: absoluuuuut!

    emma: du är för rolig!

    hanna: jag ska prova igen, kanske till helgen. hur mår kameran din?

    kylie: sorry!!! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW.
    It is as good as it looks ??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anyway, it looks very good indeed!
    Hmm, I lOVE baking too!
    By the way, thank you very much for your sweet comment on my proposal post. :) I'm really excited about the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. inner baker ... you're right. i get quite nervous when i bake (but not when i cook). i need to trust mine too, i suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the egg picture! I bake a lot too, it's so much less expensive + you get to eat much more cake than just a slice :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. boo for soggy loaf, yay for more engergy! i was thinking about you this morning. wondering how you're feeling. it sounds like the answer is great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this looks delicious to me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ha!ha! ha! i had to laugh, right!
    Hey, i lurk a lot around here but i love to see your photos daily.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing blog, funny eye. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha.. looks good though!!
    Xf

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.